2019 Coal Industry Day
For Producers, Traders, Investors & Users
Wednesday 24 July 2019
The Country Club Johannesburg, Auckland Park
Ascon Energy Pty. Ltd. was represented by its Southern African Trading Director Nate Macmillan who was taking part in the podium discussion as an invited speaker. The panel discussed recent trends in the market as well as future outlooks etc.
The one-day event in Johannesburg (South Africa) brought together all the key stakeholders involved in the coal supply chain – Government, miners, traders, logistics providers, finance organisations, environmental and legal experts independent consultants and more – to discuss and debate the future of coal in Southern Africa and the challenges and opportunities for coal producers.
Key topics that were discussed included:
- The changing landscape of the coal industry in Southern Africa
- The role of coal in resolving Eskom’s generation capacity and Southern African energy’s needs
- Strategies of the major and junior coal producers
- Investors’ and funders’ perspectives on coal and alternative energy sources
- The role of renewable energies and clean coal technologies in Southern Africa’s energy mix
- The Carbon Tax Bill and its implications
- And much more…….